Sunday, April 19, 2020

Holy Guacamole 🥑

Holy Guacamole Recipe

So here is my recipe for Guacamole. The ingredients you need are:
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1sRV9VOEh5bHNL6A36vvvu7Nx4m3xlvKh
Essential ingredients:
3 avocados, 1tablespoon lemon juice, 1 garlic clove, bunch of coriander, salt&pepper
Additional ingredients:
1 tomato, 1/2 capsicum, 1-2tablespoons jalapeños, 1-2tablespoons light mayonnaise,

Step 1.
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1WgthZ63Qvk-29ci3f6aRnTf4gTxMQ07G
Half the avocados and score.

Step 2.
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1AWnm1Dq2Pwcpz8OACXSVptumMJ3zu0P6
Mash avocados to a consistency that you like.

Step 3.
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1qmmRmmMogGptYbXq4Z0CQZskqwc2vwgZ
Add all other ingredients. Tomatoes and capsicum chopped into cubes, coriander chopped, garlic crushed,  jalapeños chopped.

Step 4.
VOILÀ...Holy guacamole made! Yum!
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1RzzSBOlDK06PWqZ2fZzpa1-vnyWNkShk

You could also add in: Sweetcorn, Black Beans!

Enjoy!


8 comments:

  1. Always love your guac Em! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Mrs Hobbs,
      Thank you, I loved making it for the Staff at our Social Massage afternoon. If you like it spicy, add more jalapenos or chillies!
      Have a great day!
      Miss McCombie

      Delete
  2. This is the absolute best guac ever! Let’s not forget that cheese dip either 🤤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Karolyn,
      Thank you for your kind words. You know how much I love making it as well.
      That has given me a great idea to put my Mexican Cheese Dip up too! Great in a Cobb loaf.
      Have a great Monday!
      Em

      Delete
  3. Love your guac Emily! The jalapeno's give it that warm kick, that makes it for me. I'll deffinately be trying it out this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Karen,
      I just love jalapenos and it definitely does give it that extra WOW factor. Obviously, the more jalapenos the spicier it is!!
      Let me know how it goes, I hope to see a photo of it.
      Have a great Monday!
      Miss McCombie

      Delete
  4. Good Afternoon Miss McCombie,
    I love the layout of how you presented making the guac, it was easy to read especially if you were to make it.
    Mum also makes a good guacamole, where she puts in 1 avocado, 1 wedge of lemon juice and a drizzle of sweet chili sauce.
    I like putting guacamole on chips, in wraps and on other Mexican dishes.
    I have seen a recipe similar to your one on the Snax crackers box, did you get it from there?
    Maybe, one day, you could make it for the class so that we can try it too?
    Please think about it,
    Zara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talofa lava Zara,
      Sometimes the simplest of recipes are the best and most flavoursome as it showcases the main ingredient.
      No, this is just my own recipe but I shall keep a lookout for the one on the Snax box. I wouldn't if it's identical?
      That is a great idea, although we are going into Winter now and avocados will cost a small fortune to buy. Maybe if I get some on special offer we could do it with the class?
      Miss McCombie

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post