Saturday, March 28, 2020

Improvisation at its finest

What are you doing to keep fit? I have 2 groups of “fitties” helping myself and others get through the isolation period. I have some school colleagues from Belfast and my gym Whanau from Snap Fitness New Brighton. 
Keeping fit has HUGE benefits for our mental and emotional health, not to mention our desire to get “the perfect body” (if that even exists!!) as well. From walking the dog, to home workouts, to running 15km - whatever you are doing you are strengthening your mind, body and soul!
I usually go to the gym 3/4 times a week but due to obvious reasons I haven’t been able to. At this point I wished I had some weights but I have had to improvise.
Check this out...
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1HAZT0ARS9DgAU0Vz255y0EiezIA0MiE9https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1cOp3hSSevxVdA0Vn19dm1zYhTtWAN1N3https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1SiLiItycTu3rF9eEjdvkaOv3OXSELS0n
The more we care, look after and nurture our bodies the more positive benefits we will get.

What have you been doing to keep fit? What advice would you give to someone who is struggle with motivation?

6 comments:

  1. Hi Em, well done for keeping your fitness regime going! Well done improvising with the bag of potatoes!
    I’ve been on my stationary bike each day while watching some of my favourite TV series!
    You could use a can of baked beans or fruit in each hand to exercise arms and wrists 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs D,
      I'm trying to figure out who you are? I can't for the life of me figure this out.
      Wow, what a great combination - exercise and TV. What is your favourite TV series at the moment?
      Well must admit - I really need to strengthen my wrists as trying to do press ups hurts a bit.
      Is there any other forms of exercise you like doing?
      Miss McCombie

      Delete
    2. Haahaa, had you fooled-it’s Grazie here! Of course I like tennis but we can’t play at the moment!
      I went for a long walk today and later got on my stationary bike while watching old episodes of Doc Martin. A series my daughter and I have started watching has been ‘Ozark’. Andrea likes to go for walks as well as doing yoga which has been on tv and body balance- she belongs to Les Mills and they have been sending exercise classes through to their clients. I think there is something on tv at 9am each morning.

      Delete
    3. You did have me fooled for sure! I know, I'm getting tennis withdrawals and missing the Burwood Park Tennis Club team!!
      It definitely benefits us getting out daily for some fresh air.
      I did here about the Les Mils - would you recommend it? I really like Joe Wicks.
      Hope you are enjoying this sunshine,
      Em

      Delete
  2. Hi Miss McCombie,
    I love the way you improvised there, I especially love the potato as it is probably the same kind of shape as the weights almost.
    Today in fact I was just going to go for a 4 km bike ride but ended up lost so it turned into a 12 km bike ride! If we had to had to some help from people we would have probably still been in the forest.
    I can not really give anyone advice as I sometimes can not be bothered to do things either but I end up doing it and most of the time be proud of it.
    Enjoy using cans for weights,
    Zara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The potatoes were a great asset to my workout and allowed me to do my kettle bell swings.
      Oh wow! What an adventure - that is triple the distance you originally planned.
      What are you doing for daily exeercise?
      Thanks,
      Miss McCombie

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post