Tuesday, August 31, 2021

I want to ride my bicycle...

 Lockdown can be hard. It can be very hard. In fact, sometimes it suppresses the urge to do any physical activities! However, we all know that physical exercise (walking, jogging, biking, hiking etc) helps our happy hormones burst into our system and make us feel a whole lot better.

I wanted to try something new. Well, I suppose it is kind of a new. It's a sport I haven't done for years! (and I mean YEARS!!)

Biking. One of my friends offers to loan her bike to me during lockdown. I've been carrying an injury since I fell on the Tennis Court in March and it hasn't fully recovered and now I find running rather challenges. Biking is an exercise that can be softer on the knees and that is exactly what is needed.

Here are the two bike rides I have done so far. I also wore my heartrate monitor to see which "zones" I have been working in. Being in the yellow zone makes me happy because I know I have been working out.

I would love to see your fitness activities shared on your Blog.


 




2 comments:

  1. Hi Em - wow, you should be so proud of yourself! An incredible effort. The heartrate monitor that you wear gives such interesting statistics. I like how it tells you when you're in the happy zone! I bet you were in the yellow zone afterwards too, as it's always so rewarding knowing you have completed some exercise. Great for the body & the mind. I wonder where you will bike to next? Take care. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much.
    Cycling Deals

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post