Thursday, August 27, 2020

Can you make tartan? (Weaving Paper)

Do you know what tartan is? Do you know where it comes from? Have you ever made tartan before?

The Oxford Dictionary states “a woollen cloth woven in one of several patterns of coloured checks and intersecting lines, especially of a design associated with a particular Scottish clan.”

We have been looking at family tartans and the patterns within the tartans. Some children have designed their own, some children have replicated their family or chosen tartan. 

We are also looking at family mottos and naming our tartan’s. It’s been a great side project for our Art exhibition for school.

What do you think so far?






4 comments:

  1. Hello Miss McCombie
    I like this blog post it was very very fun weaving the paper through.
    This reminded me of when I found out that my last name was scottish.
    I think this was very fun and I would love to do again.

    Kind Regards Ritchie 😄😅😆

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nĭ Hăo Miss McCombie
    I liked the way you put in the part where it says the Oxford Dictionary's Definiition.
    Did you know that my last Name is Scottish?
    Next time, you could add in the steps of how we done it.
    Why did you put in so many facts about Tartans?

    Kind Regards Ritchie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My blog
    Kia Ora Miss McCombie, I love the idea of your class doing Tartans for the art exhibition. Were they difficult to make? Did you class have free reign on what colours or style they wanted to do? I LOVE them!!!❤
    Georgia S
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Miss McCombie,
    Your class is very creative and I loved how Tartans looked! It would be great to share this more with the world and maybe make a video about them! I will tell my teacher about this and hopefully we can make one! What else have you guys been doing the relates to art? I would love to know!

    Your Welcome,
    Alanna

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post