Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Y7/8 - Porters Ski Field

Y7/8 were lucky enough to get their 2nd postponement date: 21st September 2020, to go skiing. We went to Porters Ski Field which is around 1.5hours out of Christchurch (pretty close to Castle Hill.)
The children were put into groups and taught the basics of how to connect with your boots & skis, as well as how to turn and stop!




Check out this beautiful Kea! Do you know much about Kea's? They are very cheeky. We were encouraged NOT to feed them and keep all our lunch and bags/jackets out of site as the Kea's WILL get them!

 

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Miss McCombie
    this was a very fun trip and I would love to go skiing again next season I might be getting a early bird season pass.
    What was your favorite part of the trip.
    Kind regards Ritchie(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miss McCombie's class, My name is Nikaia and I got to Otaki College.
    I have never been skiing but I would really like to go, I think we get to do it next year for outdoor Ed.
    We went to Kapiti island and there were Keas there one of them landed on my teacher.
    Hope you had fun.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post