Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Fruit Trees for Belfast School

Fruit Tree Planting and Growing. 

What's been happening with our fruit trees and vegetable garden?

When fruit trees are young, we need to ensure that the fruit growing on the trees is cut off so that we allow the trees to focus on going tall and growing strong roots. One tree has grown very little but another tree has grown 26cm. The way we can tell this is by looking for the fresh growth. 

All our 14 trees are going very well. We are very proud of our garden.

In the picture to the left you can see the new, fresh growth on the apple tree.

Come and have a look at our Garden. Have a walk round the gardens to see what you can spot.


Why are bees important in our garden?

Bees are the best pollinators in the garden. Bees help with cross-pollination and help produce more seeds. More seeds = more plants!



Mary is very knowledgeable and is helping us to provide our fruit trees with the best possible future. We are hoping for lots of fruits in the next couple of years for our tamariki.

1 comment:

  1. hello my name is Ashtyn I'm a year 7 at otaki college I love helping the enviroment that's why I joined team trees bees are very useful for gardens but I'm not sure if much people know this but sound helps with plant growth.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post